Do you find yourself lying awake at night, worrying about the technology at the center of your business? If you’re like most executives, your racing, sleep-depleted mind is busy working through a wide variety of questions, trying to suss out the ins and outs of what your business needs and if you can afford this option or that one.
The Right Questions Help Your Business Prepare
Some common questions you may be asking yourself to start off with include:
- What is the role of communication technology in my business?
- Is it better to hire IT professionals or outsource?
- What communication technology should the company use?
- Should we purchase communications technology or use it as a service?
- Should we keep some or all of our communications technology on premise or move them to the cloud?
- If cloud, should we build a private cloud or use a public cloud?
With those questions, comes even more important ones. Namely, securing your systems to keep it safe from misuse:
- Is the company network secure from hackers? (With Avaya Fabric, hackers can’t even see your network much less hack it.)
- Is the company network secure from the inside? (A common network risk is from inside the business in the form of unauthorized or untrained employee use. Avaya’s Automatic Elasticity enforces access control and minimizes network exposure all while increasing service agility.)
- Is the company network too secure to allow company employees the access where they need to complete their work?
- Is the company data secure?
Now, what if something happens to your system, like a hack or the loss of data? Or you find out your firm or institution isn’t compliant with certain rules and regulations?
- Is there a disaster recovery/business continuity plan?
- Has this plan been tested and proven to work? (Our partner, Zerto, makes it easy to test the DR plan at any time and from anywhere and have documented proof for an auditor.)
- Does the company have business analytics to assist the business leaders to make these decisions?
- For financial institutions: Are we compliant with Sarbanes Oxley?
- For medical firms: Are we HIPAA compliant?
- For hospitals: What are your HCAHPS scores? (West-Com nurse call/call light systems help hospitals improve their patient quality of care. Are you receiving all the value-based incentive payments from the Federal Government?)
Finally, it comes down to who is managing your business technology and if it is working for your business:
- Should we keep buying brand X communications technology or change direction and move to brand Y?
- How does a company learn about new communication technology?
- What vendors are experts in the installation and support of the new communication technology?
- What other customers of our size and complexity are using this new communication technology?
STL Communications Can Help
There are more communications technology solutions available than ever before. Unfortunately, there is no one answer that fits all businesses. The answer to each of these questions will likely vary greatly from business to business and even the answers to those questions will likely lead to more questions.
With nearly 30 years of experience, STL Communications has the industry knowledge and expertise to answer all of the technology questions that keep you up at night. We provide agile, secure and customizable communication solutions, allowing you to stay focused on your business.
Final question: Who do you trust your business with? Choose wisely.