What is Avaya fit-for-purpose networking?
As real-time communications continue evolving to IP telephony, the data network begins to facilitate communications-enabled business services, while transporting other critical business applications. Avaya delivers some of the most advanced technologies available, enabling enterprises to build dependable networks with a significant return on investment. Click on the link to learn more. http://www.stlcom.com/blog/?p=96
Why is everyone pushing the 802.11 n standard?
The industry is adopting and embracing this technology because of its improved performance over the a,b,g standard. 802.11n delivers the attributes necessary to address the explosion of users, the proliferation of various client devices, the convergence of voice, data and video on the WLAN, and the increase in mission-critical applications over the wireless network.
The convenience of mobility and the availability of robust wireless security, has led organizations to use their wireless networks for more than just email and Internet access. Hospitals use their wireless networks to access patient records and send radiology images. Universities use WLANs to administer tests, and manufacturing facilities use them to track inventory. The wireless network is now considered just as mission-critical as the wired network, therefore, reliability and predictability are paramount.
The Bottom Line….
- The business network must adapt to the explosion of wireless devices from users who bring their own device (BYOD) to work.
- The wireless network must be robust, adaptable, and secure.
- CIO’s are seeing that the deployment over the wireless network pay business dividend as the cost benefits are compelling.
- The next generation WLAN must be engineered to handle real-time multimedia applications over a reliable and predictable infrastructure.
With its improved performance 802.11n when compared to the a,b,g standard, it’s not suprising that the industry is adopting and embracing this technology.
What is Avaya Data Networking a good choice for my data networking?
Top Reasons Why Avaya Networking is Valuable
- Avaya is the only company to ship both 80 million voice lines and 80 million data ports
- Avaya has the second largest installed base in the industry at 2.7 million ports
- Avaya delivers the most advance lines of newly refreshed stackable switches in the industry – 22 million ports sold
- Avayadata networking is up to 7 times more resilient
- Networks can have up to 20 times better performance with Avaya
- TCO with Avaya is 50% less than competitors
- 40% more energy efficient
- Avaya pioneered best practices design requiring 1/3 less equipment needed
What is Ethernet Switching?
Ethernet switching is a range of integrated routers, gateways, and appliances that allow enterprises to reliably and securely connect to their ISP,branch sites, core, and user distribution points providing data and voice communications for end users and customers.
What is the difference between Static IP and DHCP or Dynamic IP?
A Static IP address is a dedicated IP address that has been assigned to you. This is an IP address that is used by you every time you log in to network and need an IP address. DHCP or Dynamic is an IP address that will automatically be chosen for you from a pool of IP addresses that are assigned in the DHCP scope available on your network. Think Static as permanent and DHCP as temporary.