It’s the beginning of health-care tradeshow season for STL Communications.We are thrilled to travel across the Midwest, enjoying the local food, people, and most importantly getting to speak with all of you!
Our vision of health-care communication is integrating disparate health-care devices and technology to improve collaboration, work flow, and create efficiency. We call this Technolgy Nirvana.
The week of May 7th began our journey, and this blog entry is the first part of a series that will continue through the summer and fall. Please follow along as we share our adventures, spread freedom from technology suffering, and help your organization communicate efficiently with physicians, staff, nurses, and most importantly, your patients!
First Stop, The Bluegrass State!
However you say it, we enjoyed our time Tuesday and Wednesday at the National Rural Healthcare Association (NRHA) show and exhibit at the Louisville Convention Center. Thursday and Friday we took part in the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA) 84th annual convention, in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky. As we enjoyed the week in the Bluegrass State, we noticed a theme beggining to emerg and thus the subject of our first entry.
BEDPANS & BEANBAGS, BOWLING, BOURBON, AND BRILLIANT SOLUTIONS
BEDPANS & BEANBAGS
Booth #405 at the NRHA was the place to be! We played Bedpan Beanbags and captured all the fun using STL Communications Collaboration Solutions. Click the video to the right, to see how we rock when it comes to video and audio solutions and collaborating with patients, nusrses, phsicians, and staff.
After clearing bedpans all day, we were hungry and ready to enjoy some great Louisville food. Of Course, we ended up at Fourth Street Live! A 350,000-square-foot entertainment and retail complex.We found a bit more than we bargained for at the Sports & Social Club. After our “hot brown” sandiwch we took advantage of the restaurant’s in house bowling alley. Unfortunately, our games were a bit rusty, as Lauren couldn’t even get close to breaking a 100. Our time at The Sports & Social Club was a fantastic time, with a great location. Thank You Louisville!
We’re in the heart of bourbon country!
Bourbon is a culture built by generations of Kentucky residents from as early as the late 18th century. To ensure the full Kentucky experience we filled our ” portable handheld devices” (glasses) with Angels Envy. It was a wonderful, smooth follow-up to a great meal at Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse.
Finally, Our week in Kentucky was powereed by our reliable infrastructure of Voice, Data, Video, and Wireless communications tools; a combination of Brilliant Solutions. As you read this, remember, STL Communications provides Technology Nirvana and freedom from technology suffering as you build communication and collaboration for improved patient care.
Mobility: Handheld Devices, Software and smartphone apps for Doctors, Nurses and Administration
Messaging: Secure, HIPAA compliant messaging to hospital devices and BYOD
Patient Contact: Appointment Reminder, Prescription Refill and Payment Recovery solutions
Collaboration: Video and Audio Solution
Workflow: On Call, RTLS, patient queuing and proximity solutions
Our solutions help caregivers acheive Technology Nirvana.
Featured solutions at our booth included solutions from Avaya, Motorola, and Amcom which benefit healthcare. Benefits Include:
- Communicate with other hospitals, satellite clinics, physician offices, data centers and labs that are miles away or in hard to reach areas
- Easily and economically add bandwidth to accommodate volume and speed requirements for transmitting images and video
- Supplement onsite caregiver visits with remote patient monitoring and physician teleconsultations.
- Reduce medical errors, diagnosis time and duplicate data entry by providing rapid and continuous information availability.
- Improve access to primary and specialty care for patients in rural and medically-underserved areas.
- Increase facility and campus safety and protect assets with real time video surveillance.
- Comply with HIPAA security rules for protecting patient health information.
- Ensure uninterrupted delivery of healthcare services during a disaster or power outage.
- Eliminate the recurring costs of leased lines.