Every organization is looking to improve upon their data security. Avaya Communications, a leader in data networking, WLAN, and security, helps IT professionals, compliance officers and senior management by providing a solution that provides only as much access as each user requires. The Avaya Identity Engines Portfolio offers security policy based on user requirements. It protects organizations as more users bring personal devices to the work place.
Providing All Levels of Protection
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a major player for all organizations. The Avaya Identity Engine adds the benefits of security controls and flexibility based on user (these users include guests, contractors, employees and others who may be on or off premise). These security controls exist while facilitating access via wired, wireless and VPN networks.
The Avaya Identity Engine provides several levels of protection. These include:
- Checks against an identity store (Microsoft Active Directory)
- Performs a device health check to make sure your PC is compliant
- Based on a user’s predetermined role, access to only a certain portion of the network
These protections are implemented instantly. The Avaya Identity Engine uses one of the industry’s most advanced policy engines to create a NAC (Network Admission Control) solution that provides unprecedented access flexibility without compromising network security (204).
The Benefits of an Authenticated Network
The Avaya Identity Engines authenticated network architecture offers several specific benefits that your company will realize upon implementation. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Security is centralized using the portfolio’s policy engine called the Identity Engines Ignition Server.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
- Control who enters the network.
- Deliver differentiated access based on user roles.
- Provide data privacy and restricted access to applications.
- Provide true network protection, mitigating the risk of data loss and the exposure to vulnerabilities.