What are some features of the Centralized Visibility Dashboard?
The Centralized Visibility Dashboard features:
- Display of accurate location information for all wireless users, rogues, and devices
- Up-to-date heat maps and channel maps for RF diagnostics
- Historical user location playback
- Easy import of existing floor plans and building maps
- Visual RF Plan provides off-line planning capabilities
- Multi-floor & channel utilization
Click here to view the Visibility Dashboard.
What are some of the products that Aruba Networks offers?
Aruba Networks focus is on Wireless Access Points (APs), but they also manufacture centralized controllers that support their line of APs, and software applications to assist users and administrators.
Are Aruba Networks APs compatible with other vendor networks?
Aruba Networks APs are certified to run on multiple competitor based network switches, including Cisco, HP, and Avaya. They may also be installed alongside competitor APs. It would be recommended, though, that all APs eventually be converted to Aruba Networks APs in order to be able to take full advantage of the management and software offerings available.
What are some of the other security technologies employed by Aruba Networks APs?
Aruba Networks APs allow for:
- Selective guest access to network resources
- The ability to blacklist intruders, rogue APs, and applications
- Quarantine suspicious and infected devices
- Redirect new and misconfigured devices
- Other items beyond these.
What is Aruba Instant?
Aruba Instant is a built in, virtual AP controller supported by multiple versions of Aruba APs. This allows for smaller companies that wish to take advantage of Aruba APs without requiring any dedicated support staff to manage them.
What are the current standards that Aruba Networks APs support?
Aruba Networks APs support both the 802.11n and 802.11ac standards. They are backwards compatible with older standards, such as 802.11a/b/g.